Swimming is a very safe activity for people of all ages and levels of experience. It is one of the very few sports that can be performed almost every day of the year. But that is only true if you know exactly how to warm up before your swimming workout so that you are flexible, and you won’t suffer from sore muscles the next day.
There’s nothing worse than having to cancel your training because you haven’t warm-up properly the day before – so read and just take time to do it every time you jump in the pool.
A simple preparation will let you warm up your body and be ready for an immense load of the swimming training that is using so many muscle groups at the same time. I will also publish very soon another article on the warm-up before swimming competition that is even more demanding and requires special warm-up routine.
1. Do not stretch cold muscles – it will not help with your flexibility. What you want to do is to have a quick few minutes walk or a gentle swim before you start the warm-up. This will make your whole warm-up session more efficient.
2. If you stretch in the water your muscles will cool down rapidly so between stretches do a quick run on the spot to keep them warmed-up
3. Remember to have a little longer warm-up session if you are warming up in the cold water.
4. Do a short stretch after your training preferably under a warm shower to promote relaxation of your whole body and to get rid of any waste products from your muscles.
1. Stretch you’re every body part holding for 15 seconds every time. Repeat this routine three times.
2. Forward bend will help you with your spine and hamstrings at the same time
3. Standing backbend is a great way to open up your chest and wake up your spine
4. For your shoulders, back, arm s and biceps you can du arm circles – do not push it too hard at the beginning
5. Get on your hands and knees and move back and forth from sitting on your hips and back to the standing position while keeping your abs engaged in the down position.
6. Finally, move to ‚easy swimming’ – relax while swimming and focus on one aspect of your swimming technique without trying to swim fast. Instead, try to perfect the chosen aspect of your swimming skillset.
This very simple warm-up is good for everyone before an everyday swimming practice and will help you stay in perfect health even during intensive swimming weeks.
Take care of your body and the successes will surely follow!
Fully automatic and accurate with and without professional turns.
Set your goal and swim at a predefined pace. Smart vibrations will tell you when you need to speed up or slow down.
Stay in your chosen heart rate zone and burn calories more effectively. Smart vibrations will let you know when you need to push yourself harder or slow your pace down.
Swimmo communicates specific actions via unique vibration frequencies.
Using Swimmo App you can quickly create your own training goals that are best suited for you and your needs. Sync them wirelessly to Swimmo watch from your smartphone.
Simple charts and detailed views of the training sessions are always with you in a dedicated mobile app for Android and iOS.
Advanced algorithms based on pulse deliver more accurate data about calories you’ve burned.
Designed to be easy to use in the water. You don’t need to press any buttons to use your Swimming Training Watch. Simply rotate your wrist and tap the screen to gain full control over your watch.
Share your swim data with your friends via Facebook and other fitness apps. Compete, compare, and cheer each other on.