In a simple equation – long-term training and hard work, possibly even with supervision is the best and surest way to improve. This being said, there are things that you can start considering to improve instantly, or at least faster. If you are here, surely you are thinking about improving your standards in the next swimming session.
To improve at being a good swimmer what you need to do is preserve your energy and orchestrate better ways for covering the distance. While doing so, beginners get a little lost at what strategy to use in the swimming, however, experts work according to the condition of the spot.
In order to activate your aerobic engine of the body, let your entire body workout the right way and make your build more efficient in terms of gaining more momentum with ease.
Let’s get one thing straight; your arm technique is the key to help you get the best velocity in action. 90% of the thrust in the water is accounted for by arms while your legs fulfill the remaining 10% gap to get that extra spark in.
A lot of swimmers keep asking the same question: what can I do to improve. There might be tons of places where you need improvement but most basic ones are described below.
You need to find where you are lacking to get the proper momentum in. Is it unbalanced arm technique? Or inaccurate leg work? Try finding the weak spots and work on them. Improving the weak spots will eventually give you a much more reliable swimming routine and better performance.
To save energy when you swim in different modes including freestyle, breaststroke or butterfly, you need to learn how much to glide. Try finding out the right amount of gliding routine by exaggerating and shortening it to the point it feels right. Your glide should be long but don’t lose the momentum by starting the strokes too late.
You might be aware of the term bilateral breathing as it helps in getting the proper stroke techniques and healthy laps. Bilateral breathing can be a fine way at adjusting your lungs and providing super rhythm to generate speed between strokes.
Bilateral Breathing is about breathing at both sides while doing a front crawl in the lap. What you need to do is adopt the freestyle swimming tactic and breathe after every 3 strokes.
Breathing is one of the most important factors in the accurate strategy for swimming and instant improvement. Getting the appropriate ratio of breathing circle can play a vital role in your daily swim. The quickest tip here is to inhale quickly and exhale slowly.
If you are struggling to improve without any obvious reason, then it would be the right time to consider possible flaws of your body posture and balance. This might not be obvious to notice unless it’s from the outside. Get some proper supervision while swimming to find out where your technique is lacking and making it impossible for you to swim faster. Asking for help can count as a tip for instant improvement if you actually do it without delay. Many people are hesitant to seek advice not only in swimming but if this is what yields results – don’t wait!
Drills are the most basic training protocols to help improve your swimming. There are different types of drills that you might want to target in order to speed up the process or to target a specific area that needs improving, such as arms only, legs only and more. Remember that your Swimmo has a separate mode for practicing drills.
Set up your goals and make them achievable by giving in the best you have got! Once you will achieve your first goal, you will get hooked to break further records, especially if you have means of tracking and sharing them. Success in swimming, as anywhere else, is largely a matter of motivation!
Fully automatic and accurate with and without professional turns.
Set your goal and swim at a predefined pace. Smart vibrations will tell you when you need to speed up or slow down.
Stay in your chosen heart rate zone and burn calories more effectively. Smart vibrations will let you know when you need to push yourself harder or slow your pace down.
Swimmo communicates specific actions via unique vibration frequencies.
Using Swimmo App you can quickly create your own training goals that are best suited for you and your needs. Sync them wirelessly to Swimmo watch from your smartphone.
Simple charts and detailed views of the training sessions are always with you in a dedicated mobile app for Android and iOS.
Advanced algorithms based on pulse deliver more accurate data about calories you’ve burned.
Designed to be easy to use in the water. You don’t need to press any buttons to use your Swimming Training Watch. Simply rotate your wrist and tap the screen to gain full control over your watch.
Share your swim data with your friends via Facebook and other fitness apps. Compete, compare, and cheer each other on.